Monday, March 31, 2008

Guilty Pleasures Abound

Guilty pleasures. We all have them. Those little things we know we shouldn’t be wasting our good time on but we do anyway because we just can’t HELP ourselves. Some of my guilty pleasures include:

Harvest Moon Games – I like making every character in the village madly in love with me before breaking their little hearts one by one. I recently banned myself from playing this game for a while so I can get actually some writing done.

Cheesecake Factory’s White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – Probably has enough calories to last a week but oh so good!

Pixel Chix – I’m still waiting for them to create a mermaid aquarium and a virtual haunted house for boys. Any day now, Mattel.

Sammy Keyes Novels – Will Sammy and Casey ever get together? Will horrible Heather get her comeuppance? I can’t wait to see.

Nancy Drew Video Games – It’s a good thing they only release two of these games a year, because I hardly eat or sleep until I’ve figured out who done it.

Period Films by BBC, A&E, and Mobil Masterpiece Theater – What’s not to love?

Got your own guilty pleasures? Feel free to share.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

My guilty pleasures:
-Procrastinating homework, which I do all the time and usually while I'm doing all the rest of this stuff.
-LDS Fiction books that have lame dialogue, unbelievable characters, and predictable plots. I read them because I know that in the end they beat the bad guy, hook up, and everyone we love becomes (or already is) a member of the Church.
-Meg Cabot books, which I don't find very funny but somehow manage to hook me every time.
-Checking out too many library books, because I know that no matter how overdue they end up I don't have to pay fines.
-Going on break at a strategic time so that someone else has to take out the JNF cart.
-Any kind of ice cream that comes in pints. I can finish one in two sittings, although it wouldn't take too long to get it down to one.
-Ordering Brick Oven pizza and living off of it for three days.
-Checking my email/facebook a million times a day.

Jamie said...

PS I brought Clownboy to the library yesterday for a minute... you missed it.

Raspberry said...

Oh Sheila - I completely agree about the period films from A&E, etc. But the Cheesecake factory? My favorite is the Chocolate Tuxedo. It's so good that we're going there for our anniversary just for the cheesecake. Oh yum yum yum!

Lepi said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DO THAT TO THOSE POOR PEOPLE!! You are what is know as a heartbreaker... even if it is just a game.

.

.


Total Pageviews

counter