Sunday, November 29, 2009

England Here I Come

An old friend of mine and I have decided to go to England next year! I haven't done much travel out of the country so I'm thrilled beyond words to finally be going someplace exciting. (I was supposed to go to Guatemala last year but revisions on Forbidden Sea shot those plans out of the water.) It looks like we'll be staying at an English bed and breakfast. Sounds dreamy doesn't it. I'll have to bring along my laptop and take research notes for a future book set in England. Anybody out there in cyberland visited England before? What are the sights I need to see? Any special foods I shouldn't miss trying out while there? Hopefully I'll be at my goal weight by then and I'll actually get to eat real desserts once in a while. (For those who are interested in the diet update: I've lost seventeen and a half pounds so far.) I'll have to buy a stylish new wardrobe so the English don't chase me back to the states for being the truly unfashionable dresser that I am. My traveling friend lives in New York so I'll probably stop over there a few days and we'll fly out together to England. Maybe I can catch a Broadway musical. If only I didn't have to wait a whole year. *sigh*

Oh well, back to real life . . . for now.

6 comments:

Raspberry said...

17 1/2 pounds? What's left?! Really, I'm jealous. sigh. And England - never been, but I'm pushing for a post-doc there....hopefully. :)

Coryn said...

Oh, England! I hope you have a lovely time!

Ideas of where to go:
-Bath
-Hampshire to see Jane Austen's house (if you're a fan).
-The Lake District in Northern England is to die for.
-Stonehenge is a bit overrated but fun to see.
-Oxford! Go see it. It's a great town.
-Kent is lovely. It's probably one of my favorite places ever. They have beautiful lavender fields.

If you go to London:
-Go shopping on Oxford Street
-See a Shakespeare play at the Globe Theater
-Have a picnic in Hyde Park
-Get Gellato

Travis & Adrienne said...

You lucky girl!!! I'm sooooo excited for you! Yes, it may be a year away but that only allows you to make bigger and better plans!

You deserve to treat yourself. Good for you for doing so.

Sheila A. Nielson said...

Coryn,

I am so there. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Teresa Gashler said...

How fun! I'm sure your experience there will inspire more stories.

By the way, congrats on the great success of your diet. That is amazing.

DeeDee said...

I still think you should do a book signing while you are there.

.

.


Total Pageviews

counter